Join us for the Launch Party of the Global Unity Games at the World’s Largest Service & Volunteer Event!
In Seattle on June 21st, our leadership team will be celebrating World Peace & Prayer Day and World Yoga Day by passing the Compassion Torch to Hereditary Chief Phil Lane Jr. (Global Activist from Ihanktonwan Dakota and Chickasaw Nations and Compassion Games Chairperson), Kayah George (Youth Activist from Tsleil-Waututh Nation), Ken Workman (Chief Seattle’s Great Grand Son) and Points Of Light at the Service Unites Conference.
The Global Unity Games: Building Bridges is a 16 day challenge to unify communities around the world in an expression of globally synchronized intentions with locally organized compassionate action.
Starting on September 9 and culminating on World Peace Weekend (September 23-24), players and teams will challenge and inspire each other to organize actions that build bridges between peace, prosperity, and the planet. Players can create or join their own service projects and/or participant in any of the featured ways to play. As players and teams participate, results are shared on the Compassion Report Map to highlight, measure, and celebrate the collective impact our actions have around the world!
The Global Unity Games are part of the World Peace & Global Unity Campaign organized by Unify and Compassion Games. The motivating vision for the Campaign states:
We are at a turning point in the development of our global community. It’s an unprecedented time when many of us are reflecting on how we can make the most positive impact. People are ready for more authentic connections, to promote peace and understanding, to spread prosperity and freedom, protect and restore our planet, and come together to to build the relationships that address our complex and interwoven challenges such as ending terrorism, reversing climate change, preventing pandemics, and achieving solving the calls to action of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Individuals and teams from all over the world can sign up to play and participate in the upcoming 2017 Global Unity Games: Building Bridges.
1. Receive daily Compassion Missions for each day of the coopetition to inspire simple, thoughtful, and meaningful actions in your life and community.
2. Elevate your experience during the coopetition by participating with fellow players and change-makers; be inspired by the actions of others and benefit from the element of playful competition to ignite more excitement around your service.
3. Share your experiences on a brand new Compassion Report Map that displays coopetition results in real time with teams and players around the world.
4. Receive invitations to exciting online events that feature renown luminaries and “Champions of Compassion” who offer wisdom and new ways to engage in compassionate action.
5. Gain access to personalized coaching with Head Coach Sommer Albertsen, along with many resources to ensure your experience is positive, supported, and meaningful! (Chat with Sommer now by selecting the chat symbol in the lower left corner of the website.)
6. And much, much more…!
There are many ways that individuals and teams can play, from organizing creative service projects to give back to one’s community to performing acts of kindness to promote unity of the human family. All players will receive an Agent of Compassion mission to use each day of the Global Unity Games, offering meaningful, tangible ideas and inspiration for activities as a way to play. Players then report on their activities on the Compassion Report Map. The reports of Registered Teams are reflected on the Global Unity Games Scoreboard, displaying the number of volunteers, number of hours served, number of people served, and the monies raised for local or global causes.
Play Your Hearts Out!
Organize service projects and inspire acts of kindness to give back to your community! As an Agent of Compassion fulfill missions during a coopetition, and get ideas from the gallery of Ways to Play to get started!
Report and Reflect
After your compassionate actions, report on your activities and outcomes on the Compassion Report Map, capturing the number of volunteers, hours served, monies raised, and people served!
Ways to play in the Annual Compassion Games are only limited by our imaginations. Below are some general and specific “Ways to Play” to inspire players and help you get started. For further assistance to help organize an event or service project in your community, see the
resources and quick guides sections below!