“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
— R. Buckminster Fuller
The epiphany for creating The Best Game on Earth came in 1980, at the height of the cold war. After an extended conversation with a Soviet diplomat, Yuri exclaimed to Norie, “You know, Norie, it would be SUCH a pity if we destroyed each other – we are so NICE!”
Yuri’s sincere comment sparked in Norie the realization that we humans have designed our current dysfunctional “life game” over millennia, often unconsciously. This largely unconscious old “life game,” which suppresses our natural wholeness and aliveness, now threatens to destroy much of life on Earth, including us.
Today we urgently need to create CONSCIOUSLY a new and inspiring “life game” that recognizes that most human beings are indeed nice when the “life game” is designed to nurture our good qualities, our wholeness, and aliveness, in every way possible.
The core of The Best Game on Earth is simple: the Playing Field is the Earth, we are the Players. We’re playing to reach our goal while following 10 simple rules or guidelines for play.
To make the play even more interesting and effective, The Game has 8 components that each work well separately and when integrated, form a great vehicle to help us transform civilization rapidly while making the process fun.
THE GOAL: Peace, health, prosperity, and justice universally on Earth by the Year 2030.
10 GAME RULES:
• Speak the truth.
• Acknowledge the truth when others speak it.
• Come from love, respect, and gratitude.
• Leave the trail better than you found it.
• Expect miracles.
• Do what gives you joy and create joy in what you do.
• Be generous with who you are and what you have.
• Be a good friend and teammate.
• Clean up your messes, learn the lessons and move on.
• If you have an idea for how to improve The Game, share it.
THE 8 COMPONENTS:
1. The Goal and Rules of The Game: These give us the framework & guidelines for how to play effectively.
2. Protocols for joining The Game: While many people may choose to play The Game without formally joining, The Game offers Players a variety of resources and support. [Click here to learn more & sign up: “I AM A PLAYER!”]
3. Training Programs: These help us learn specific skills and information so we can play The Game better & better.
4. Game Adventures & Learning Environments: These give us opportunities to test our Game-playing skills. As our skills and confidence increase, challenges increase, too.
5. Video – Audio Component: This “documentary soap opera” -that WE create and share globally – tells the real story of real people who are playing The Best Game on Earth. Collectively, this is a co-created “Reality Show” to inspire each other with our epic achievements & encourage us to go even further!
6. Database of Players: This is a place to find your fellow Players. Together we will build a password-protected database of projects, programs, resources & useful information for Game Players.
7. Special Projects: These are specific activities that offer enormous potential for leveraging transformation in one or more areas of society. Special Projects are Game Changers!
8. Butterfly Tokens: When The Game has one million Players signed up, we will launch Butterfly Tokens to use for making transactions within The Game. Butterfly Tokens will be a form of cryptocurrency with a novel form of distribution in harmony with the Goal and Rules of The Game.
For more information, go to www.bestgame.org.